The aim of this document is to inform our lovely customers of the terms and conditions upon which we sell and supply the goods and services (products) listed on our Website.
When you place an order with us you are agreeing to be legally bound by our conditions and will be unable to proceed with your purchase if you do not accept them. Please be aware that our Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time and it is your responsibility to check for any changes when you re-visit our site.
Who You Are Buying From
The term Lucy Payne Jewellery or ‘us’ refers to Lucy Payne and the term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our Website.
For all ready made items the prices are as stated on our website. Bespoke items are priced according to the design, size etc and will be agreed with you as part of the ordering process. This will be detailed in a letter/email/message to yourselves as part of our on-going communication with yourselves.
Unless otherwise stated all our prices are exclusive of VAT as we are not VAT registered.
If we need to increase the cost of a product due to any factor beyond our control ie significant cost rise of labour, materials, foreign exchange fluctuation, we reserve the right by giving you notice at any time before delivery. This is however unlikely and you shall be entitled to cancel the order at any time before delivery of the goods and /or we have commenced providing the services.
Contracts: How they are formed
When you place an order we translate this into an offer by you to purchase the goods and/or services within the order. This is subject to these Terms and Conditions and any details on the product page.
Due to each piece of jewellery being completely handmade there will be some differences in what is being purchased and the picture of the piece. As I am a small business I cannot afford to keep lots of jewellery made up in stock. Therefore it is all made to order. If there is anything specific you want altering about the jewellery such as different measurements, metal used or colour of enamel/stones please do let me know via email before placing your order.
Purchases may be paid for by cheque/bank transfer or Paypal. We ask for a 50% deposit for all bespoke items and we ensure all payments are cleared before the commencement or dispatch of the goods or services to you.
Orders for stock items will be supplied within a maximum of 30 days from the date we accept your order.
Orders for bespoke items are likely to exceed 30 days, if an item is required for a specific date then we will agree this before accepting your order. In all other circumstances we will provide an estimated delivery date before your order is confirmed, however this may be subject to some flexibility in busy periods and we will keep you informed throughout.
We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of so refusing or by reason of unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
Where we are prevented from or delayed in carrying out obligations under these customer terms due to circumstances beyond our control including acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, inclement weather, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or an inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials then the performance of our obligations shall be postponed for the period of time that the circumstance continue.
The goods will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
The goods remain under our ownership until all monies including the cost of delivery are received
All jewellery over £50 will be sent via special delivery.
Returns and Exchanges
You have 14 days from the receipt of the goods to notify us if you wish to return an item.
Please notify us in the first instance by email at email@example.com of your decision to cancel.
How to Return an Item.
To request a return you must first contact the us before attempting to return an order. Any items returned without contacting the shop first may be exempt from receiving a refund.
The goods must be returned in a saleable condition and you are responsible for the costs of return delivery using the signed for method and retain a proof of posting.
If we think goods have been used beyond the handling necessary we reserve the right to reduce the amount of money refunded and will process the refund within 14 days of the receipt of the goods subject to the returns policy Terms and Conditions.
PLEASE NOTE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL DOES NOT APPLY TO PERSONALISED AND BESPOKE PIECES WITH YOUR CHOICE DESIGN OR ANY OTHER CUSTOMISED ASPECT. THIS INCLUDES ALL THE BESPOKE COMMISSIONS. THESE ARE UNIQUE TO YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND CAN OBVIOUSLY NOT BE RE-SOLD. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS IF THE PRODUCT IS FAULTY.
With regard to the bespoke items it is imperative that all sizing details in the order confirmation are correct. This is especially important with stone set pieces as we cannot be responsible for re-sizing items.
Once the deposit is paid this is confirmation that you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions and the agreed total price to be paid.
You have 14 days from the payment of your deposit to notify us if you wish to cancel a bespoke item.
We reserve the right to cancel the order after this time at our discretion if we have not begun work on it, once we have commenced work it cannot normally be cancelled.
If you cancel the order then the costs of returning any clothing will be met by you and we may deduct reasonable costs for any work undertaken or unrecoverable costs incurred before your cancellation decision.
All items remain our property until the full balance has been received and cleared.
We aim to provide a first class service for all our lovely clients and we hope that we exceed your expectations.
If we decide to change our terms of service, we will post these changes here. This policy was last modified on 20/08/18.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, or the email associated with your paypal account), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We also gather Device information to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
· Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
· User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
· Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
· Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
· We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Squarespace to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.squarespace.com/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
· We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
· Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
· If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com